Monday, September 24, 2007

MAN FROM ATLANTIS Pilot 1

Here's a link to one of the highest rated TV movies of 1977, MAN FROM ATLANTIS, starring the pre-Dynasty star Patrick Duffy. I haven't seen it since it aired, and maybe it's as good as I remembered. Maybe not. There was a short-lived series, after a couple more of these TV movies aired, and they were of diminishing interest. This is due to either their not being so good, or me getting more involved with girls.

STAR TREK alums Herb Solow and Bob Justman produced.

The 1970s had scant Sci Fi on TV, and most of it was drek. But some of it was rather fun drek. Enjoy until YouTube pulls!

1 comment:

Brian Fies said...

Thanks for making me waste what might otherwise have been a very productive afternoon, buddy.

Of course, no day spent with Belinda Montgomery (rowr!) and Victor Buono can ever be a complete waste.

Re: the Star Trek fan films, I enjoy them more as anthropological curiosities than real entertainment, and haven't yet watched one all the way through. I'd love to visit the set someday, though--as close to taking a time machine back to 1967 and Desilu Studios as I'll ever get.