Friday, October 02, 2009

Doohan and Takei: 1996-97 TOS VHS Intros


Unseen in the US, from a series of VHS tapes Paramount produced in the mid 1990s for STAR TREK's 30th anniversary: here are episode introductions by TOS regulars James Doohan and George Takei. (Walter Koenig would join in for the next season's worth of tapes.) Each tape had three episodes, presented in production order.

I say these have been unseen in the United States because, so far as I know, these intros were exclusive to the European and Australian markets. That's my understanding. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Here are the first couple from Mr. Doohan and Mr. Takei the first season. The rest of the first season intros (with more to come I hope) are here.

James Doohan and George Takei with "The Cage," "Where No Man Has Gone Before," "The Corbomite Maneuver," "Mudd's Women," "The Enemy Within" and "The Man Trap."



Geoge Takei and James Doohan with "The Naked Time," "Charlie X," "Balance of Terror," "What Are Little Girls Made Of?," "Dagger of the Mind" and "Miri."



Thanks to ENTERPRISENX01 for capturing this!

No comments: