Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Leigh Rubin: If My Wife Says My Cartoon Is "'Sick,' Then I Know I Have a Winner."



Cartoonist Leigh Rubin, who draws the RUBES newspaper cartoon panel, is interviewed in the Modesto Bee.


Who's your sounding board? And do most of the ideas you come up with end up in "Rubes," or do you toss away two for every one we see?

I do have a growing pile of random concepts that never quite jelled. To become an official "Rubes" cartoon, a drawing must pass a battery of strict tests.

In addition, my wife must give it the final approval. If she says it's "sick," then I know I have a winner.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/05/22/4506301/rubes-cartoonist-to-give-answers.html#storylink=cpy

1 comment:

Dan Reynolds said...

Leigh's been a cartoon pal of mine for many years and I've always enjoyed his sense of humor and we run in the same herd.

We also share the same birthday, to boot!