Thursday, March 16, 2017

Sketch Sampler

It's only in recent years that I have been putting up some of my sketches. You guys have been very receptive to them. Here are a few of my favorites.

The rule is that these are all drawn spontaneously, with no planning out, no pencil foundation. Enjoy!

Sketch for a friend in one of my comics:

Studies for a fat cat for a Christmas cartoon (based on our beloved Rufus the cat):



Woman in a hurry in a local mall during December:

Prince Edward Island parasailing. Ink and watercolor:


 The Irish Arts Festival in the Catskills:


Dude watching the musicians at the Irish Arts Festival:


I had a table of my comic books to sell at the Massachusetts Independent Comics Expo. Ink and watercolor:


A big horse study for a client:


Drawn in the Manchester, NH airport:


 A holiday scene:


Cat on a Christmas tree, and loving it. Ink and Photoshop coloring:


Another holiday street scene:


One of fifty three shoppers I sketched up and posted:


Talkative man on a long ride. Oh boy. We've all been there:


Urban walkers. Ink and watercolor:


Waiting for flights at Logan:


Checking out the leftovers:


Tablecloth drawing while dining with my friends Adrian Sinnott and George Booth:




No comments: